Community Work Services (CWS) is only as effective as the quality of the people who make up our team of talented and committed staff.
CWS is a part of the Fedcap Family of Agencies. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications and inquiries from qualified applicants regardless of race, creed, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or disability. Bi-lingual/bi-cultural staff are encouraged to apply.
About the Position:
The Business Engagement Liaison will assist the Placement Services Team in their outreach to participants, employers, and partner organizations. Specific tasks will include following up with participants in post-placement services, developing new partnerships and maintaining relationships with employers, identifying valuable job opportunities, and connecting participants to community resources such as job fairs and hiring events. The Business Engagement Liaison will be asked to provide updates to the Business Engagement Manager. Other projects may also be involved, such as organizing on-site Job Fairs.
This position is located at 174 Portland Street, Boston, MA. Hours are flexible between 8:30AM-4:00PM, Monday-Friday.
• Cultural Competency; ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
• Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment
• Ability to manage projects from development to implementation
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, internet search engines, and email
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be a model of appropriate workplace behavior
• Demonstrated ability to self-direct and work with minimal supervision
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Suzanne Bergenhenegouwen, Business Engagement Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Front Desk Intern supports the day to day office operations of Community Work Services. The Front Desk Intern provides general administrative supports as follows:
• Provides high level of customer service as the first representative of Community Work Services.
• Presents a professional manner at all times, whether on the phone or in person.
• Directs program participants and visitors entering the premises of CWS.
• Identifies individuals requesting entry via audio buzzer system.
• Receives and signs for some small deliveries, messenger deliveries or registered mail, and ensures that the appropriate department/individual is notified.
• Sorts all US Post Office daily incoming mail into appropriate staff mailboxes.
• Operates telephone system to receive incoming calls, respond to caller inquiries, directs calls.
• Makes announcements, takes messages as necessary, and delivers messages in a timely fashion that are left on General Delivery Mailbox.
• Maintains neat, proper, and professional environment at the front desk and lobby area.
• Maintains security of staff and participants by following CWS procedures for allowing entry to the various areas of the building.
• Provides administrative support for CWS staff to include but not limited to making copies, distributing faxes from fax machine, posting meeting announcements in elevators, maintaining flyer, business card and brochure supply at Front Desk, creating flyers, and typing other documents as assigned.
• Maintains CWS Conference Room and Vacation calendars.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times
• High attention to detail, exceptional time management skills and strong organization skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work as a member of a team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Tanya Figelman at email@example.com.