Each program participant is assigned a Case Manager to develop their short-term and long-term employment goals. Case Managers ensure that participants effectively pursue opportunities for employment advancement and continuing education goals towards greater economic self-sufficiency. Case
Management Services include:
- Promoting personal well being and financial asset development plans
- Coordinating other support services such as legal aid, housing, health care and higher education with partner organizations.
- Working with Placement Specialists to prepare participants for successful employment searches
Placement Specialists work closely with program participants to identify job opportunities which meet their skills and interests. In matching job seekers with employers, CWS’ Placement Team works with a network of area employers in a variety of industries, including: food service, commercial cleaning, retail, hospitality, landscaping, office support, banking, customer service and security. Placement Services include:
- Developing resumes and cover letters
- Practicing and refining interviewing skills
- Job offer negotiations
To ensure job retention and promote advancement, each participant receives post-placement services. The length of post-placement services varies upon each participant’s needs. Follow up is also provided to employers to ensure our graduates successfully fulfill their expectations. Post Placement Services include:
- Site visits and continued training support
- Group support and life skills workshops
- Career and educational consultations
CWS provides in-house attorney consultations to our participants to overcome legal obstacles that can interfere with successfully obtaining employment. This service is arranged by appointment through case management services.